Monday, July 7, 2014

Meet the Maker - Amanda Richmond - Pollen

Hello there and welcome to another edition of our Meet the Maker series.  This morning we're cosying up with Amanda from Pollen...


How would you describe your work?
Pollen Clothing is a range of bespoke, high-quality clothes for children & women, handmade with love using unique, beautiful, fun fabrics.

How did you start selling online/ Etsy (if applicable)?
I first fell in love with Etsy a few years back as an avid purchaser. Then I jumped on board as a seller after being so inspired by gorgeous shops.


Who or what inspires you?
I am inspired by my grandmother & mother’s fabric & trim collection which overflow with beautiful, gorgeous things.

Do you reduce, reuse, recycle as part of your creative process?  If yes, how is your art/craft eco-friendly?
I try & reduce wastage by using off cuts in jewellery, accessories & any appliqué work I create. I love vintage fabric & trims which have had a previous life & have been saved from being thrown out as useless.


Describe your studio/workspace?
My studio is in the down stairs spare bedroom. I work very well in chaos with the ability to, normally, know exactly where everything can be found. I love having majority of my fabric on display for inspiration & accessibility. With mood boards & quotes to lighten my day & keep me on task.


What is your favourite thing to make?
I love making boys shorts!! I have three boys!

How did your business/shop name come about?
I have been a florist since I was 18 & Pollen came about by my love for flowers.

Where do you see your creative journey taking you in the next 12 months?
Loads more markets & building brand identity.

What is your favourite handmade item that you have bought?
Sconnie & Jam Bunny brooch

Where can we find you online/stockists (links etc)?

No comments: